Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mérida

This week we went on a really big trip and one of our stops was in Merida. Merida has some of the best Roman ruins outside of Italy, and it was a really cool spot. I had a great group, and we managed to see a ton of things there! We visited a coliseum, a theater, several houses, an aqueduct, a castle, a bridge that predates Christ, a big archaeological dig site, two old temples, a chariot race track, a few unidentified buildings, a giant arch, a government building of some sort, a dam, an obelisk, and a really old cathedral.
There were tons of ruins, and it was really cool to see so many things I've seen pictures of in History books. My favorite was probably the aqueduct, but I also loved the bridge, the coliseum, the theater and the racetrack. We thought it quite appropriate to get Gladiator on VidAngel that night. I hadn't seen it before, but I guess in the movie, Russell Crowe's character is even from Spain! So maybe he lived right here in Merida.















2 comments: