Sunday, October 16, 2016

Salamanca: The Plaza

Salamanca is amazing. I was especially excited to go since for my Study Abroad Prep class, I had to give my presentation on the city of Salamanca. It is famous for three main things: The Plaza Mayor (supposedly the best in Spain), the Cathedrals (which are beautiful), and its university (established in the 13th century, with beautiful architecture and a great facade)
The city is particularly renowned for the type of stone used in the construction. It is a beautiful yellowish that seems to glow in the light. The plaza was really very stunning. The more yellow picture is pretty true to the actual coloring. 



It also has a great restaurant scene. I got to have a super good paella full of shrimp, squid, clams, and the like. 

There was also a really good dessert shop where I got a delicious chocolate raspberry mousse. My friends who went with me got little ganache and mousse cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment