Friday, October 28, 2016

Barcelona: La Rambla

Barcelona has a great commercial corridor simply known as La Rambla (The Boulevard). It was really fun to walk up and down the street and look at the street vendors' stands as well as the stores on either side of the road. When we got a little ways down, we came across a huge monument to Christopher Columbus.

I've been acquiring a few paintings during my time in Spain, and found two gems from a local painter who was touching up another piece as we walked up. One is the Sagrada Familia with a river in front of it instead of the street with boats, and the other is of a bullfighter.


After walking for a bit, I went and met my professor at a fancy tapas place. The food was very fancy, and included one decked with caviar, smoked salmon and smoked elvers. It was surprisingly very good, and I really liked this place, especially when warm dark chocolate lava cake was served with a lemon glaze for dessert.


It was getting late. so on the way home, I enjoyed trying to blend in with some locals.




8 comments:

  1. Is that the meal where you ate the worms?! I hope you had lots if lava cake to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the meal where you ate the worms?! I hope you had lots if lava cake to recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is! It turns out the worms were the smoked baby eels. I asked a couple people and heard different things, but just eels for me

      Delete
  3. I think it's so cool you're buying art. In Barcelona we saw a street artist selling 3D paintings like the temple one I gave Laura a few years ago. I still regret not buying one. If you see one, pick it up for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really cool! Can you send me a picture of something to get an idea? I'm not sure I remember that painting. I'll definitely snag one if I come across it!

      Delete
  4. Lemon glaze on lava cake, eh? I wouldn't have thought of it but it's worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete