Sunday, August 28, 2016

Le Bistro

Beautiful setting perfectly compliments great food.

The parents of one of my coworkers are from Vietnam, and just opened a new restaurant about a month ago. I'd been hearing about the restaurant from work, and decided to go test it out.
The setting is great. It has vibrant red walls, great lighting against a black, modern ceiling. Beautiful neo-classical Southeastern-Asian paintings were tastefully placed around the room. There was some music playing that seemed slightly out of place- early 2K pop music. It was kind of a funny addition to an otherwise very tasteful setting.
There were so many things on the menu. I didn't even know where to look to pick out what I wanted. I think if I went there more, I'd love that. For a first time it was a bit overwhelming, but I loved how much variety there was. We ordered shrimp spring rolls for appetizers, an avocado shake, a piña colada, spicy lemongrass beef, and a big bowl of pho. The food was slow coming out, but the spring roll was amazing while we waited, and the avocado shake was beyond creamy and pretty fantastic. The piña colada was super good but curdled within minutes.

The pho was great. Probably the best broth I've ever had. There was so much, too! It was a really high quality soup. The beef was really good, the perfect level of spice and really fantastic flavor. The lemongrass was not at all reminiscent of fruit loops, and went well with the spice, and the veggies. I guess the Vietnamese do fish sauce a little differently- it's fruity, sweet and tangy, and kind of an orange-ish color. We finished off the superb meal with sesame balls.
So, great setting, cute restaurant, with slow, but helpful service, and fantastic food.

So overall?
4.5/5 stars
Will I go there again?
Absolutely.
Do I recommend it?
Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment