Sunday, August 14, 2016

Coyote Creek Camping

This weekend we went camping at Coyote Creek. It's an awesome campsite, complete with running water, clean bathrooms, and electrical hookups. There was even a little visitor center complete with free WiFi. So while we may not have had the rugged escape we may have thought of when we started planning the camping trip, it was nice to sleep on air mattresses.


Part what we'd been so excited for on this camping trip was the Perseid meteor shower, which was supposed to be the best it's been for years. Unfortunately, the meteor shower lined up with one of the rare New Mexican rain showers. So while we saw lots of water falling to the earth, we saw no meteors.


As we were driving to the state park, my mom asked "If you become a dentist, what will your avocation be?"
Thinking of how excited I was to go fishing at the most densely stocked river in New Mexico, I said it could be fishing. Once we got there, the fishing adventure began! But, after about 7 hours of fishing and only one fish on my line through that whole time (it snapped my line), we decided to relocate. We drove to a private lake and both Mom and I fished for about 3 more hours. After only one bite between the two lines, I decided fishing was probably destined to be more of an occasional pastime than something to dedicate my life to pursuing.

Still the scenery was beautiful, the camping fun (and comfortable!) and we ended with grilled shrimp from our favorite restaurant in Taos.

2 comments:

  1. It was a super fun trip! I just hope that next time you can catch a fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you've been to Taos enough to have a favorite restaurant.

    ReplyDelete