Tuesday, January 17, 2017

End of the Program

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I absolutely loved my time in Spain and so appreciated my host family and teachers and everyone who contributed to me having the absolute time of my life. After returning from Andalusia, we had finals (yes, believe it or not, I did fit just a little bit of schooling into all this fun!) and an official end to the program.
We were able to hear from a prolific politician before the end who helped during the transition from the dictatorship to democracy, had a karaoke night, and a fun lunch together with all the students to tie it all up. We had a brief graduation ceremony and had a little bit of time to enjoy the end of our time in Alcala.


Calle Mayor in Alcala is where most of the night scene is in the town where I lived. It also happens to be the longest porticoed walkway in Spain and is also one of the largest single lines of ancient columns.



The bear with the madrileño tree is the symbol for Madrid and this statue is found in the Puerta del Sol in the historic heart of the city.


The last night before my friends left we all went in a row boat together in the famous parque de retiro, a massive park with a lake in the middle of it.



I loved every day in Spain and it was so fun. I was sad to see my friends go, but really excited that just the next morning my sister was coming to meet up with me!

2 comments:

  1. What a great end! And I can't get over how cool your diploma looks.
    Also, was the karaoke in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone did do a Spanish song! But I think we were partly celebrating a return to english :)

      Delete