Friday, November 4, 2016

Flamenco

As a group, we all went to a Flamenco show at a nice restaurant. It was incredible. I've never seen anything quite like it.

The dancers were fast, showy, and amazing. There was so much emotion in the dancing, and in the singing. The singing at times seemed like a shout of joy, at others a cry of anguish and at others a flash of anger. I've heard the some people say that Jazz is a truly American music for having so much individualistic expression, and coming together to create an ensemble. But I think Flamenco embodies that idea even more so. The two guitarists played in perfect unison at some points, and at others went off on seemingly unrelated riffs, though they still blended together beautifully. The singers poured so much emotion into the pieces, as did the dancers, and it was really amazing to see the blending of instrumental and vocal music with dancing to convey emotions.


As I watched the Dancing, I thought to myself about how much I've come to love this country. Spain is beautiful for its history, its culture, its people, and I have really fallen in love with Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment