Monday, March 18, 2019

Back in Spain

When I first met Ella, I had just come back from a study abroad in Spain that seriously changed my life. When I introduced myself to Ella for the first time, I said "Hi! My name's Robert. I'm a biology major, and I'm from Albuquerque, but I just got back from a study abroad in Spain." 
I'm sure I talked her ear off about Spain, and it only took a few months after we got married before we were applying to come back! So now we're both here teaching English. We live in the community of Madrid in Alcala de Henares again, and teach English in an elementary school in a nearby village. It's so much fun!
I'm just with the 4th grade, and Ella teaches grades 1-3. I help with science and english lessons, and have the best time.

It's really great to be back in Spain, especially now that I'm in a different spot in my life, and have already been here once. I love the culture, the history, the oil, the food, and the people. This really is the best time of my life, spending almost all of my time with my amazing wife Ella, going on trips, playing and working with kids, and getting immersed in a culture I love in a way I haven't before.

One of the funniest things about being back here is seeing how little my wardrobe has changed since the last time I was here. Living in the same city, going to many of the same places, has led to a couple of repeat pictures I didn't expect.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment