Saturday, May 20, 2017

Salt Lake Aquarium

After we had completed almost all the coursework in my amazing animal class, my professor took us on a field trip to the Salt Lake aquarium!! It's a really great aquarium, and it has a surprising number of non aquatic animals, including a binturong, clouded leopards, snakes, scorpions, and Asian pheasants.
I put in my snap story from that day, so even though it's kind of a funny format, it should give a good scope of what I saw.

As you can see, there were Amniotes, Amphibians, Fish, Molluscs, Arthropods, Cnidarians (Jellyfish, corals, etc), Porifera (sponges), and several other phyla that we talked about in my class! It was a really fun activity, and especially to go with a group where we had all been through the same animal class and were all biology majors, was a lot of fun.

I of course liked this fish with really creepy teeth. He swam really fast so it was hard to get a good picture but he had three giant teeth that he'd come and show at the glass right in front of my face and then swim off over and over.




No comments:

Post a Comment