Thursday, February 2, 2017

Barcelona revisited

I really loved visiting the Sagrada Familia again, and I think it's one of my favorite things from the whole trip to Iberia. We got to go up in the towers and walk across the top of the nativity facade (which is currently the main entrance).

I gained a much better appreciation for the sheer size of the church. When it is completed, it will be the tallest church in the World, and is already the third tallest.








We went all through Park Guell, and had fun seeing the most iconic view of Barcelona again.






We also went back to the old Catalunyan palace and managed to get there just in time to see the most amazing sunset. I wish our cameras could have captured it, but it was perfect timing, and rather impromptu.



We went to Las Ramblas and checked out the iconic Moderist houses. They were all very different-- from each other and from anything else I'd really seen before.



We ended our trip to Barcelona with some great churros and liquid chocolate topped with the biggest, thickest glob of whipped cream I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment